Facilities & Directions
UCSD’s Canyonview Aquatics Complex is one of the finest swimming facilities in the country. Canyonview consists of two 50 Meter x 25 Yard pools, with the camp pool an all-deep competition pool. A 30 person hot tub, on-site weight room and team locker rooms are also part of the facility, with immediate access to a multi-use grass field.
UC San Diego has some of the best, most comfortable housing in the country. The athletes will be staying in dorms with one of two other roommates. There will be a minimum of one coach per floor for full supervision at all times. Sheets, pillows, etc are provided and athletes are welcome to bring extra. Towels will not be provided. The pool and all dining facilities are less then a 5 minute walk.
Canyonview Aquatics Complex:
Located on the eastern end of campus between Eleanor Roosevelt College and Warren College, the Canyonview Aquatic Center features two outdoor, Olympic-sized pools, each of which can be divided into eight lanes of 50 meters in length, or 19 lanes of 25 yards in length. The aquatic center also features a state-of-the-art weight room. Canyonview is home to the UCSD men’s and women’s water polo teams, as well as the men’s and women’s swimming and diving programs.
UCSD West Pool Quick Facts:
- Opened February 8, 2006
- The new pool is 50 meters by 25 yards
- The pool is seven feet deep throughout
- It holds 680,000 gallons of water
- There is bleacher seating for 1,000
- Includes new weight room and locker rooms
- The architects for the project were Hanna, Gabriel, Wells
- Matthew Wells was the principal architect
- The pool was designed by Aquatic Design Group
- The General Contractor was Taylor-Frager
- The Pool Construction was completed by Mission Pools
UCSD East Pool Quick Facts:
- Heated year-round to 80-85 degrees
- Bleacher seating for 336 and additional seating up to 1,000 total on grass
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Lights on the deck accommodate night use
- Diving area consists of one five-meter platform, two three-meter platforms, and two one-meter platforms
Directions To Canyonview Aquatics Complex:
3390 Voigt Dr, San Diego, California 92121
From Interstate 5, Exit Genesee Ave.
Head east on Genesee
Turn right (west) on Campus Point Drive
Turn right on Voigt Drive.
Park in lots 510, 701, or 403 or 506. Canyonview Pool is on the north side of Voigt Drive and west of lot 510.
Parking permits required Monday - Friday only.